The reason Z and I doing this craft is for him to know his schedule better. the reason I'm doing it the 'hard' way is just simply because I want him to practise his cut-glue-paste and writing skill (and have him to write the numbers in the exact place). at first I thought coloring the clock would be nice but then I remembered that Z is still easily bored with color a large space, so then I prepared a colored paper.
Please note that it's not a rocket science craft...so be creative and have fun with your kids!
- used carton (ours is from a cereal box)
- colored papers
- metal fastener or scrapbook brad
- paper glue
- child friendly scissors
How to make it:
- use compass to draw a circle, both on the carton and the colored paper. mark the center of the circle using marker.
- draw two arrows for the clock arms (different lenghts), both on the carton and the colored paper.
- cut both circle and clock arms.
- put glue on the carton circle then paste the colored circle.
- put glue on the carton clock arms then paste the colored clock arms.
- use protractor to mark each of the numbers on the colored circle (every 30°).
- write those number, kids!
- poke a small hole in the center of the circle and in the ends of the clock arms to insert the fastener (or brad) through.
- insert fastener through the clock arms and then through the hole in the center of the circle.
- close back of fastener loose enough so that clock arms will move.
- there you have it!
- it's easier and simpler to use paper/plastic plate though... :) you can get your kids colored the paper or use glitters or stickers or any other options.
- don't let your kids work with the compass because of the needle and keep it away from kids.
- cut the carton with normal scissors cause it's quite thick, you should do it and don't forget to keep the scissors away from kids.
- your kids could cut the colored paper under your supervision.
- use any color your kids like or you have on hand.
- fasteners are available at bookstores/office supply stores near paper clips or at scrapbooking corner.
- you can add other decorations to make this project 'pop out'. I just manage to add a star in the middle.