It’s a common thing for us as adults to get really depends on our gadget such as mobile phones. And as we all know, mobile phones nowadays are getting even smarter and smarter. No doubt that it is very entertaining for us to the the extend where we might get stuck with it for hours. It’s kinda stress relieves too for some people. Just like adults, kids need some entertainment too sometimes. And some parents don’t mind giving their kids some gadget to keep them entertained. But some are doing this just for the sake of keeping their kids busy while parents can take care of their business. So it this is good or bad? Gadgets can also give bad influence such as:
1. Lack of physical activities
2. Gadget content may not be suitable for kids
3. Lack of real life social activities
4. Addiction can make them develop bad attitudes and lack of time management
5. Lack of long-span attention, makes them hard to focus on other things (easily distracted)
6. Develop of bad sleep and diet habit
7. Bad for eyes as the screen may give their eyes more works
8. Bad for brain as some gadget may have radiation effects too
But gadget is not always a bad thing for kids. It can be one of their education tools too. All we have to do is control the content and the usage time.
So, it will get depends on the purpose and the portions of the entertainment time that we give to our kids. As long as the content is still educative it’s no harm for them to try it on. Because no matter how hard we try to avoid our kids from a gadget, they’re still one of Generation C (connected), just like us they will find a way of having to try it on. So why not we start to introduce it to them in a good manner before they find out from someone else in a bad influence?
*image courtesy of http://mashable.com/2012/05/16/gadgets-kids-infographic/